Director of Strategy
The director of strategy is tasked with providing strategic direction and development in support of both new business acquisition and client growth at Pathfinder.
- Work in conjunction with the client service personnel to identify and address strategic opportunities with current clients.
- Actively develop and participate in new business activities, while initiating additional new business leads related to Pathfinder’s service offerings.
- Attend client discovery and planning meetings, and work with the client team to develop and present the strategy and project plan to clients and prospects.
- Act in the best interest of clients’ business at all times and partner with clients to find solutions to grow or operate more efficiently.
- Work with research personnel to design research projects for clients and in preparing new business proposals, which are then implemented by client team or presented to the prospect.
- Act as a consultant/resource to management and client service personnel on current client business.
- With CEO, President, and Account Supervisor, develop and execute measurable new business strategies.
- Work with client and new business personnel to secure market research, business intelligence, and/or business strategy projects. This will include identifying leads and opportunities, defining objectives, strategy and working with the team at Pathfinder to develop our recommended approach.
- Develop and execute new business and strategic presentations including research briefs and rationale for recommendations.
- Work with client service personnel to identify and address opportunities for current clients. This includes awareness of assigned client projects and strategic direction and perform audits to identify potential gaps in strategy or tactics.
- Must show a desire to learn research. Work with Director of Research to manage execution of projects and help teams as necessary with analysis of research collected, preparation and presentation of summary reports.
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple initiatives/projects and simultaneously, in a deadline-driven environment, while maintaining attention to detail with strong organizational, interpersonal, and management skills.
- Work with client service, research, and other execution teams to translate strategic/plan recommendations into tactical action plans and corresponding tracking metrics.
- Assist with others on team when requested or as required.
- Continue to increase knowledge and skills relating to job responsibilities.
- Vice President, Market Research and Business and Intelligence
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to interact with co-workers, vendors and clients, communicating in person or via telephone or computer. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time, use a computer monitor, keyboard and mouse.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Ten or more years of progressively more challenging assignments working in/managing strategy development, developing and implementing successful traditional strategic plans.
- Experience selling professional services and new business development.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Understanding of research, business intelligence, business strategy, and/or marketing at a base level.
- Experience in any of the following industries is a plus: automotive, financial services, insurance, CPG, or retail.
- A healthy contact list/professional network in any of the above industries is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and self-starter, who can quickly learn about Pathfinder and successfully represent the company in an eloquent way.
- Excellent communication skills(written, verbal and presentation).
- Professional and responsive client contact/management skills.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational, interpersonal, and management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, in a deadline driven- environment.
- Must be highly motivated and results oriented.
- Position may involve necessary travel(overnight stays may be necessary) and flexible hours to meet the needs/demands of each project.
- Time sheets to be completed daily using Workamajig.
Since 1986, FARM has been helping local and national clients grow their business, going beyond traditional advertising disciplines such as direct mail, print, and broadcast communications to cultivate true strategic partnerships through research, planning, and ideation. Our clients include retail grocers, financial institutions, insurance companies, and automotive SAAS companies, and energy providers among others. FARM offers a competitive salary and benefits in a supportive, team oriented atmosphere where we all work hard and have FUN in a culture of many perks such as casual dress and special events!