Business Intelligence Developer
The Business Intelligence Developer helps to design data acquisition, data transformation, data storage and data presentation strategies. The Business Intelligence Developer insures proper execution and is deeply involved throughout the design and deployment of a Business Intelligence initiative.
This position is a great opportunity to play a key role at a growing company with a fun and flexible work environment and develop additional experience in the field of Business Intelligence.
The ideal Business Intelligence Developer is a great listener, and a creative problem-solver. They are customer service oriented, and excellent at matching technology to business problem(s) and driving solutions. The ideal candidate also must be organized, must excel at time management and balancing multiple priorities, and must be able to work across multiple companies and clients to coordinate and manage projects in a dynamic environment.
- Design and develop data warehouses
- Design and develop data presentation & interaction strategies with popular Business Intelligence solutions.
- Build deep, trusted relationships with client contacts at multiple levels, from line worker to chief executives.
- Able to develop applications that consume data from multiple sources, including API’s.
- Able to creatively forge new business data collection & integration strategies
- Able to gather information in a method that supports dimensional and factual inclusion
- Able to present large sets of information in a manner that facilitates end user digestion and action (visual presentation of data, OLAP etc.)
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Finance, Master’s preferred.
- Minimum three years directly relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge in dimensional modeling, and various ETL/storage strategies
- Understanding of OLAP/ROLAP and various technologies that deliver exploratory analytics
- Understanding of Ad-Hoc/Limited Ad Hoc technologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs; Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project
- Deep proficiency in Microsoft Business Intelligence, Oracle Business Intelligence, Tableau, Qlik, Microsoft BI, IBM Cognos, Microstrategy, or SAP Business Objects platforms
- Detailed process and system documentation skills
- Experience training end users and facilitating the adoption of the Business Intelligence ecosystem a plus, but not required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to interact with co-workers, vendors and clients, communicating in person or via telephone or computer. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time, use a computer monitor, keyboard and mouse.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Pathfinder offers a competitive salary and benefits in a supportive, team oriented atmosphere where we all work hard and have FUN in a culture of many perks such as casual dress and special events!